Thursday, July 16, 2009

Had a fun weekend!!!

We had a great weekend at Jill’s. It was fabulous. I did not want to come home, it was so nice up there. But home, I came. Ah well, all good things must come to an end.

I spent most of my time shopping (of course), eating (of course) and just hanging out. It was very relaxing. We had a blast, just hanging out on the back deck. It was so comfortable. Jill made us feel right at home.

I spent way too much money at Archiver’s. Not only did we all go on Friday, but a bunch of us took Gerri-Anne, Barb and Sonia there on Saturday. Egads! I got my pattern paper fill, that’s for sure. Such a weakness with me. They are pricey, though. I guess they figure they have a corner on the market and they can charge for it. And considering my usual LSS has been very lean lately, this came in handy.

I tried bison burger for the first time. It was very tasty. Leaner and a little drier than ground beef, but the flavor made up for it. I’d definitely try it again. Friday’s dinner was at a charming Italian place that Jill and Scott have been going to for years. A little family owned place by real Italians. Let me tell you, I don’t think the owner knew what he was getting in for, when he let us in the place. LOL!!!! I laughed till I cried. Then laughed till I peed! OMG!!!! Saturday dinner was pulled pork and home made coleslaw. Breakfast on Sunday was homemade blueberry pancakes. How good was that? Sunday was a stop at AC Moore. It was okay. I only spent about $10, nothing to write home about. Then lunch at Red Robin. I LOVE!!!! Red Robin. I had the sirloin sliders. Oh, so tasty. Hey, Red Robin folks!!!! When are you going to open in Tampa? We need you here!!!! Oh, and I almost forgot the Saturday night frozen custard run. Very tasty. I’m not a big ice cream person, but I ate that stuff right up.

So now I’m back to the daily grind. Unpacking, and cleaning up stuff. Ginger left me a present on my blanket this morning. So I was up at 5:30 doing laundry. Isn’t that lovely? He does pick the worst times. Work, work, work.

Nothing planned for this weekend. We’re going to a party Friday night for our neighbor, Chill Bill, who is turning 40. I hope to work on a few scrappy projects and get some pool time in, between the usual house work stuff. Ackkk! I need a maid.

1 comment:

JulesinParadise said...

Was great to hang out with you again, Mary Mary. I know how disappointed you were that Jill didn't have her hammock up! lol