Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Recovering from the 4th!!!

Yawn!!! This is what happens when you don’t get enough sleep. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I went to bed at a decent hour. It’s just the phone ringing at 11:15 after I’ve been in a sound sleep for over an hour doesn’t help. Oh, and who was on the phone do you ask?

“Hi, this is Stephen Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning, join us on Sunday for Family Fun Fest.” Yep, 11:15...at NIGHT!!!! Way to go with programming those phones, Lightning ticket office. So I spent the rest of the night tossing and turning.

That was after a fruitless drive to Orlando for what I thought was going to be the launch for the UK trip. I went to where it was supposed to be, but no one was there. I had DH check the website, and it said to check the forum. My notebook was at work, and I didn’t have any phone numbers programmed in. I had him log under my name in the forum, and nope, nothing. I know it happened, based on a friend’s Facebook post, but damned if I know where. Very aggravating, especially after going through a half a tank of gas. Did have a good Quizno’s dinner, though, lol!! I guess I’ll just wait until next Thursday when the Tampa rehearsals start.

We had a good time on the Fourth. It was remarkably uneventful, which is fine by me. Just hung out in the ‘hood, and watched the neighborhood kiddoes play. I have to take a picture of my little friend Sarah who lives 3 doors down. The cutest little thing in her lady bug dress. Alas, I forgot. Next time for sure. I made Buffalo Chicken dip; I put shredded chicken, wing sauce, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and cheddar cheese all in a crock pot. Stir and let it sit for a little while. Oh, yum! Maybe I should start one of those cooking blogs like Pioneer Woman. I could be rich! Okay, maybe not. But I was glad to have the three day weekend.

I’m doing 9 hour days to get every other Friday off, which will come in handy on saving me some vacation time this year. With the big trip in September, I was afraid of coming up short, not so much now.

Michael Jackson is still dead. We think... I really am not totally without compassion. I do feel for his family and the people he was closest to, it must be very difficult for them, especially since they are now in such a bubble it seems. And I do mourn for the talent that was and what could’ve been. But you know, walks like a duck, talks like a duck... Well, I’m done with that topic!

I’ve been listening to Live365 this week. A wide variety of genres on there, most of them free. I’ve got some Roots Reggae on, but it is not as “roots” as I would like it to be. Need more Marley and Bunny Wailers, if you ask me. But guess what? That’s okay, because there are 20! Other stations that play that type of music, and most of them free. Gotta love that. Yes, my music tastes are very varied! LOL! (Grrr! Speaking of molesters, R.Kelly just came on. Time to change the station. Grrr!)

Back to work. Gotta project to finish up before the weekend, and a few others I’d like to get done as well. And then off to North Carolina!! Woo Hoo! I am so looking forward to it, we’re going to have the best time with our pal Jill. Love it. See you soon.

2 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

I thought Bubbles was the chimp? See you Friday, right?

Kip said...

Can I get that recipe for the buffalo dip?