Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello again!

“We’re having a heat wave...a Tropical heat wave...The temperature’s risin’...it isn’t surprisin’...”

This heat is miserable, let me tell you. It really sucks the life out of you, doesn’t it? When I get home after being in a hot car, all I want to do is flop out and do nothing. Bleh!!! So, my house is a disaster again. Eek!

What did I do this weekend? You know, I don’t remember? Hmmm... I did soak in the pool for the afternoon on Saturday. Totally needed that. Sunday was Father’s day. We went over to DH’s grandfather’s new place, ordered some chicken wings from Honey’s and spent the day watching baseball.

I had an audition workshop on Monday night. It went really well. My pitch is perfect, my expression is great...but I’m very timid. Ya think? My friend Sil actually said something I took to heart: “Mar” she said “You’d be soloing all the time, if you just had more self-confidence.” Sil’s a pro. She’s an opera singer, and had even had call backs to the Tampa Bay Opera company. Interesting, how I know Sil. She is MIL’s ex-bf’s sister. Get all that? Yeah, this family tree has more twists and turns then you shake a stick at.

But getting back to the matter at hand, Self-Confidence. Yeah, easier said than done, I say. I was such a scaredy-cat when I was a child, no thanks to my upbringing. It took a lot of years to get through that hump and not be afraid that something bad is going to lurk around every corner. I just got to pull up my boot straps, and like Nike says “Just Do It!” That’s all there is to it, right? Uhhh.. sure if you say so. LOL!

I did get to Kohl’s last night, and got a few things. Towels mostly. Beach towels, some cheap-o bathroom towels for Abbey-Cat’s bathroom, kitchen towels, potholders. I’ve been slowly replacing my kitchen towels, potholders, etc, because the ones I have are so old and nasty. Ewwww!!! Had to get myself a few things too, some blouses, a new pair of sandals. Too cute!

Birthday crop this weekend!!! YAY! My fave! Can’t wait for that. Gotta get all my junk together tonite. I’m probably going to leave work early, but I’m not sure when. I was only going to work a half day, but I ended up going home sick on Monday. So, I’ll try and get out between 2 and 3. I’ll make a few stops to the store, the liquor store, wherever. Wherever the road takes me, right?

2 comments:

Kip said...

Can't wait for the crop to begin and see you soon Mary-Mary!! And sing those solos crazy girl!!

JulesinParadise said...

You are aces in my book Mary Mary!