Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy days...

Howdie all! Hope all is well. We had a SingLive workshop last night, which went really well. Just seeing familiar faces was enough for me. John, our director, was really upset with the way Susan Boyle has been treated, esp. by the BGT people. Just threw her to the wolves, basically and now she has a mental breakdown. John says she probably never sing in public again, it was just too much for her. How sad would that be???

We’ve been helping DH’s grandfather move into his new condo this weekend. Moving is such a PITA. Everything is such a cluster!!! And FIL likes to pretend he’s in charge and boss everyone a round, so that doesn’t make it any easier. And I gotta say this (sorry, Michele!) Brighthouse SUCKS!!!! Out of the 3 boxes they got, one was totally defective and would not work. Another box, the DVR, worked and then all of a sudden it locked up and 20 minutes later totally reset itself. DH has had nothing but major issues trying to get things set up. And don’t even get me started on the phone. The only thing that is working is the computer, but even that is not great. They are supposed to come back today and fix everything they did not get right when they were out on Friday. They had FIOS at the old house, but where they’ve moved to does not have it yet. The lines are laid, but they aren’t ready to be hooked up yet. Probably a few more months says Verizon. It’s been an experience.

In the meantime, our A/C unit froze up last night. It’s been doing that a lot lately, seems just about every time we have a power surge. DH called the a/c man and he’s coming out tomorrow afternoon. I sure hope it’s nothing to serious. That would really put a crimp in the budget. But, DH said to be prepared. The unit is about 10 years old, and it’s a small unit for our size house we’ve been told (by several different sources.) It’s the bare legal minimum. Oh well! I guess that means I’ll be putting off other projects, like the house painting (I’m a little afraid on that one. Like I said, it’s 10 years old, and I think we’re the only ones who haven’t re-painted. I’m sure we’ll get a nasty gram from the HOA eventually) and tile (that was such a priority last summer, but it has moved down on the list for now.)

Gotta run to Target, probably tomorrow night. Gotta sort out my coupons first, they got to be a mess. Started last night before I went to bed, and then will finish tonite. Saturday is the RR yard sale. Kip and I are sharing a table. I don’t have a lot of stuff, but what I do have is some big ticket items. A table do-hickey, cropper hoppers, a few other bags. Lots of idea books too, I’ll probably slash them to $1 or $2. A lot of stuff, like old stickers and paper, I didn’t want to deal with, so I just threw it out. The little annoying stuff, you know? I know I won’t make a profit (hell, if I do make any, I’ll probably just spend it on someone else’s table.) But I would rather see this stuff go somewhere than the garbage heap, kwim?

4 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

if he still has an issue let me know. i will make sure it is corrected!

Scrappin' Jackie said...

good luck with the a.c.
if you don't sell some 'stuff' at the yard sale, i will always take donations esp. for the kiddos at school to use.

eljay716 said...

oh the AC, we had to do it too, about 5 yrs ago. What a hit to the savings. fingers crossed for you, on both accts, the sale and the ac!

JulesinParadise said...

See you at RR on Sat!