Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hump Day

It’s hump day. How did I make it this far? Today is a take it easy day. No one is here on my side of the office. I’m in a cube all by myself, crankin’ the internet radio and just going to town. I guess I do need to shuffle a few papers and make it look like I did something, huh? Haha! I’m on a push to get a lot of reports out by the end of July, and since I’ve had NO days off in June, it’s good to take a little breather, I suppose.

Last weekend was the Boxer crop at the Art Institute. Interesting place. We all had a good time. Looks like they raised a lot of money for their cause. Jules and I took the wine and chocolate class. That was really good. I had also signed up for a Photoshop class which turned out to be a bit of a joke. I walked out. But the other class more than made up for it. There were a lot of auctions and raffles and things going on too, and some of our Hilltoppers won quite a few. Yay for them!!!

I’m taking it easy this week. I was going on not enough sleep all of last week, so now I need to make up for it. I had to take my car in for an oil change this morning. One of my tires keeps running flat, and it’s a tire he’s already patched once. So, I see a new set of tires in the immediate future. I’ll keep an eye out for Tire Kingdom or Tires Plus ads to see if anyone has any good deals. Or if anyone knows any, holler! Really not something I needed to do right now, as we just put $500 in to fix our air conditioner. But it is what it is. Can’t drive without tires, right?

I’ll spend the rest of the week getting my room organized. The birthday crop is next weekend, so I have to get some pages planned to work on and finish. I may start the Vegas album for Dawn I said I would do. Or I may start that the next week. Want to work on some of my own pics instead. I should have the boys’ books done this week. Just need to think of something for the front cover.

Father’s Day is Sunday. We’re supposed to all go to the Colonnade. But knowing how scatterbrained SIL is (who’s in charge) we may end up eating hot dogs on the back porch. You know how that goes. Whatever happens, I’m sure it will all work out. It always does.

Thoughts go out to my good pal Jayne today. She lost her puppy this week after an illness. Please keep a good thought for her as well.

2 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Hey Mary Mary, will miss you. I'm not able to go to the B'day crop but had such fun in our Wine and Chocolate class. See you at Fried Green Tomatoes, right?

Unknown said...

No b-day crop? Bummer!!! Yes, I will be at FGT! See you soon.