Friday, May 29, 2009

Wrapping up the Week

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. As always it was too short.

I had a great time at Rubon Rouge on Friday. I got a few more pages done in the boys books (I’m gonna get these damned things finished yet!) And spent most the time gabbing. And laughing. It was such a hoot. Kip’s card was the highlight of the evening I must say. Don’t forget those mitered corners, LOL!

Saturday was a blur. We went to the store, I did some laundry, but most of the day I just vegged out, reading in front of the TV. I watched a lot of movies this weekend. That was all there was. With the exception of Rescue Me, all the shows are done for the summer.

I did some cooking on Sunday. Made a nice chocolate Bundt cake, and some pretty good potato salad. Grilled some corn on the cob, and DH made ribs. We had a great meal. I jumped in the shower, so we could go hang out with the neighbors, and it started thundering really bad. So we decided to wait inside until it stopped, and then the power went out. It was out for over two hours. A wind storm knocked down a bunch of power lines. But it never did rain. Dh and the kids and friends proceeded to play a rousing game of kick ball. Kick ball? Who knew? Too funny.

I’m trying to perfect my potato salad. We had this really great potato salad in the cafĂ© of the building I worked in. I got the tanginess part, and the consistency, but the flavor is still a little off. Last time I went over board on the relish. This time I think it’s too much mustard. Come to think of it, I don’t remember there being any mustard in theirs, it was all white. My grandmother’s had mustard though. I’ll just have to keep trying. (hmmm, here’s one on epicurious that uses sour cream, also.)

Monday was catch-up day, putting the house in order, etc. Nothing exciting there.

This weekend, we will be moving DH’s grandfather into their new place. It will probably be a rough weekend. We’ll see. I think it’s going to be tight. They closed on the condo yesterday, and the house closes on the 1st, I think. That only gives about 3 days to get everything done. I think Brighthouse was there earlier today hooking everything. We’ll see if that goes off without a hitch.

So, it looks like more of a working weekend, then anything. I’ll probably be pretty tired after tomorrow. I’ll have to rest up tonight, but will need to go to the store. Boy, I need a break.

No comments: