Monday, February 23, 2009

Another week has started

I’m listening to the song Summer right now. (Oh, it’s Summmmmer, Summertime is here!) Well, no. No it’s not here. But I’d wish it’d hurry up and get here. I miss my pool. Hehe!

Well, in case you didn’t know, or wanted to know, I have a chance to be part of a performance at Royal Albert Hall in London in September. I’ve known about this for a long time, since last summer actually, but Saturday night I got the details, talked it over with DH and made the decision, so now it’s a go! England has always been on my bucket list of places to go/see, and now I’m actually doing it. I am completely amazed about the opportunities that have presented themselves to me in the last year. It is fantastic.

We also made the paper today too:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/feb/23/na-sing-live-concert-program-gives-every-voice-a-v/


DH has been on a cooking kick as of late. Which is a good thing, don’t get me wrong. The idea behind it is to not eat out so much, and save money. (Always a good thing, wouldn’t you think?) So, every night we have a meal planned. Isn’t that cool? I’ve been trying to do this for months, but I never seem to have enough time. So, we’ve been sticking to our guns.

We made baked chicken last night, like his grandmother used to make. He did a really good job, I was very proud of him. I made some asparagus (on sale at Publix this week), with some fake hollandaise sauce which was not too bad either. All in all, a very nutritious and inexpensive meal. And he has leftovers for lunch, too. Tonight, I’m making Sloppy Joes, with corn, and I bought a side salad yesterday at Publix as well.

I said if we keep this up, we’ll have to clean out the garage and make room for another fridge. Good luck with that! Haha!

I’ll be going down to So. Fla. This weekend to hang with that gang. Joelle invited me to come spend her birthday, so we’re going to go out Friday night and hit a few clubs and have a few drinks. Should be a good time.

Have a good week!

3 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

Oh Mary, England lucky duck! I love England! And to sing there what a honor!

JulesinParadise said...

Big congrats to you Mary Mary...you are going to love England. How long will you get to stay there?

Unknown said...

5 nights. I just got some more detailed info. We're staying at a four star either in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea or Knightsbridge.