Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's back to the grind again.

Well, first off, let me tell you that Winter Retreat was just fabulous! I had a wonderful time as always. I think the highlight of the weekend for most of us was the album we presented to Linda with all our pages in it. She was just speechless. Hard to imagine Linda that way, hehe. It has to be an amazing feeling to know that you are that loved by so many people. It’s really great isn’t, it?

Looks like everyone made it home safely, with a few incidents. Poor Gerri-Anne and her trailer. I hope they get it replaced, tout suite! Joelle and I were in a roll-over caused by a blow out one Spring Break. It was pretty scary. If we hadn’t had seatbelts on, we probably wouldn’t be here right now, instead we walked away with just scratches. This is why you will never see me without a seatbelt!!! Okay, that’s it for my PSA!

And it sounds like Kip is still out of commission. Migraines are a horrible thing; I don’t wish them on anyone. I’ve had a few bad ones, but nothing like what she’s going through. I hope she gets better quick on the new meds. And I’m also glad that Woody is still here to take care of her.

But other than a few mishaps, a very good weekend over all. It’s so great to see everyone. I almost wish we could do this more than once a year. (Okay, technically we do have FGT and Creepover, and B-day, but y’all know what I mean!) I guess it’s just people like Jayne and Lauri and Natasha (who I haven’t seen in EONS!) and Kelsey and Roz just live so darned far away. I wish everyone lived right here, and in this 30 mile radius. Wouldn’t that be a hoot! We would never be bored, would we?

Anyways, I got there on Friday after the great Eagles concert Thursday night (AWESOME!) and some shopping around and prepared to work. Well, some. Well, a little. Hey, I adhered a whole album! And then spent most of Saturday working on Elle’s album class. It is so pretty. I didn’t get to my cabin book, but I’ll do that one at the next crop. I’m “hoping” to go to the crop at Incarnation, but I’m depending on someone else (as always) to give me their schedule. Long story! Otherwise, it may be March before I’m cropping again…Boo!

Sadly, on Sunday, after lots of good times and good eats, we had to pack up and leave around 10 am. We hit Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then down to Griffin’s. I had already been there Friday, but went back Sunday and bought us a Christmas tree. Yes, a Christmas Tree in February. But we needed one desperately, and their trees are so nice, and I found the perfect one for 80% off. So I took the plunge. Monday, I plugged the pieces in and lo and behold! They work! So happy about that!

For this week, we’re going to the Disney recording studios Saturday morning, I’m stoked about that. Afterwards, I’m going to stop at IKEA and spend some of my bonus money, woo hoo! (About 6% this year. I was SHOCKED! YAY, I can pay some bills, too! And maybe finally get my floors). I know I have lots to talk about on that end, but these things always seem to get too long, so I will hold off until another day. Now, it’s back to work time!

2 comments:

:Jayne said...

I did offer to go to the Eagles concert for you, remember? And my shopping list for Ikea is in the mail. You lucky dog!
It was so good to see you! I wish I could go to the Incarnation Crop. But the next two months are busy for me. I will be at the Birthday Crop!

eljay716 said...

your posts are never too long! congrats on the bonus, you are worth every penny. have fun at IKEA, I can't wait to get one here.