Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A new week

Hey, it’s been a while! That’s what happens when nothing’s going on. I mean nothing. I’ve just been muddling through, with busy season and all that stuff. The weekend was pretty much a blur. I stopped by Pamela’s for an hour or two to hear some music stuff. Then DH and I went to ABC Pizza. Saturday morning got up and met my friend Gloria, and then we had to drive over to Orlando. I was back home by 12:30. Then I met DH for lunch at Honey’s.

After Honey’s, we took a long nap, as I had not gotten much sleep the night before. And, oh yeah, it’s Valentine’s Day. After we got up, we decided it was too late to go out, so we went to Publix, and picked up a few things to make dinner. I guess we dragged it into a Valentine’s “weekend” at that point. Hehe! Sunday morning, we exchanged presents and cards, and chilled out most of the day. Then we went to LeeRoy Selmon’s for dinner. We both had the Pulled Pork Nachos and the Sweet Heat Chicken (I also had a garden salad.) Oh, so yummy! I love that place.

DH has been on a cooking kick this week. Trying to save money, which is a good thing. Last night he made Roast Beef Sandwiches (Think: PW’s Marlboro Man Sandwich) with the leftover Mac-N-Cheese I made on Saturday. Tonite it is Tacos.

I need to get my nails done, but I’m going to put it off until Tomorrow. DH is determined to get our taxes done tonite. I’ve been procrastinating. I’m having financial anxiety. Could be the economy? Eh, who knows? I’m $3 off on my checkbook ($2.98 to be exact), and it bugs me. Yes, I am anal about that crap. Which is why I drag my feet on taxes, even though we’ve never owed. We are getting back less, not sure why (which is what I’m determined to find out tonite). But we always get something back. I know that it is something I inherited from my grandmother. She taught me this kind of stuff at a young age.

Remember in the old days, when you actually got your checks back in the mail. Well, I would read off the check numbers and she would check them off in the checkbook. I was about 7. And I’ve always done my own taxes. When I was 15, and got my first W-2, my step-dad gave me the EZ book, and said, sit down and read it, and if you have questions, let me know. When you’re done, I’ll look at it with you and make sure it’s right. No computers back then. Just a book and a pencil. But I learned. I was very self-sufficient. So I do have them to thank for that. But it is also where I get my anality (is that a word) from?

Let’s see what I’m listening to right now: This Can’t Be True by Eddie Holman (He used to be with the Temptations, I think.) It’s the R+B playlist, as you can see.
Have a good week, all!

No comments: