Monday, February 9, 2009

Opportunity of a Lifetime!

I had the unique opportunity on Saturday to attend a program at Walt Disney World as part of their Magic Music Days. The seminar we took is here.

We went to the Performance Hall at Saratoga Springs. According to our facilitator, this building is THE most expensive one in Disney World. It is built to be acoustically perfect, and has all state of the art, high end recording equipment.

After working with a clinician (who was a former Miss Florida) we did two selections from the Lion King, and then a jazzed-up version of The Mickey Mouse Club with dance moves and everything. What an adventure that was! Then at the end, we got to meet Mickey. He’s short in real life, LOL! What fun!

Afterwards, some of the girls went to Chevy’s Tex-Mex for lunch. I had the Shrimp Fajita Salad, and it was soooo good! (No, I didn’t do a Kip and take a picture of it. My dang camera battery died, and I had left the spares in the car. BooHoo!)

Afterwards, I went to IKEA to buy my Expedit shelves for my room. If you do plan to do this in the future, do yourself a favor and take a buddy with you. These things are HEAVY!!!! So $200 in purchases later, and a side trip to Crate and Barrel, I was on the way home. DH had made pulled pork in the Crockpot for dinner and it was very good.

We’ve got a couple big shows coming up in April. The first is April 3rd in Orlando, and the second is April 18th here in Tampa. We are doing the Greats of Broadway, and with a big name Broadway arranger working with us on the shows. I can tell it’s going to be great. The Tampa show is going to be at the First Baptist Church downtown and tickets are $15. I’ll have more on how to get tickets when it gets closer to the time. Hope everyone has a chance to see it. If you want more info, just give me a holler!

3 comments:

Kip said...

Mary-Mary, I'd love to come hear you sing. Maybe I can get Linda to go with me!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Depending on when, hopefully I can come. I think that is the day I get back from Arizona

JulesinParadise said...

WOW...you got to meet Mickey! and I bet you will do a marvelous job at the performance!