Thursday, February 14, 2008

What's the buzz?

I’ve just been checking out all the new CHA stuff on Scraptalk. I always go there every year, because they do such a good job at showing everything there. http://scraptalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=583

Not really seeing a whole lot different. Like Jules said, it’s all starting to look alike. Inoue(sp?) has some neat stamps, and Bizou has some pretty stuff, esp. chipboard. Autumn Leaves has some pretty two-sided paper, and one of their new stamp sets has a kitty on it. (Doodlebug has a kitty stamp set, too). Little Yellow Bicycle has some interesting stuff, but a lot of it looks the same. (Like the fabric buttons ala K & Company). Heidi Grace has a too-cute line (with purple! Crate Paper, too!). I see a couple of cool new folder things from Cropper Hopper that I might be interested in. Imaginesce has the cutest little penguins on their Shore Thing line.

What I’m really interested in, is the Slice. I can’t wait to see it in action. (there’s a cute pic of Margie demonstrating it). I’ve also been wanting to try the Glimmer Mist. So, if my Secret Stocking Pal is listening, these might make some great stocking stuffers. (hint, hint!) J I also saw something called the “Scraponizer” which looks like little drawer organizers, that could be neat, depending on price.

Although, I have to laugh at the Anna Griffin “straw” bag here: http://scraptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=26484&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent

I swear my grandmother had that same back when I was little, circa 1976. LOL!!!

Was I dreaming, or did I read that Lil Davis went out of business? Looks like they were there. Nothing that caught my eye, though. Luxe Designs has a cute Celestial stamp set, that is definitely on my wish list.

Is the industry starting to get over-saturated? I wonder how some of these small companies, like Sonburn even stay in business? You have to have an edge just to make it in this business. Is the uniqueness wearing off? Makes you wonder....

1 comment:

JulesinParadise said...

Li'l Davis was bought by Fiskers, Mary and had a couple of cute things. I preordered the Slice and when it comes in, I'll let you know how it is.