Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catching up

Just catching up. The weeks just blur together sometimes, ya know? But that’s life, I guess.

Friday was DH’s birthday. I tried to convince him he wanted to go to Disney World (Hey, it’s free!) but to no avail. Oh, well. We spent Friday out and about getting stuff done, and had dinner at Crazy Buffet (also free!) I loaded up on sushi and shrimp and crab legs. The four food groups, of course. Oh wait, what’s the fourth? Oh yeah, the chocolate fountain, of course. How could I have forgotten? After that, we went home and let our food digest.

Saturday, we met MIL and her DH for lunch. That’s interesting as always. I’ll just leave it at that. MIL is now on Facebook. That should also be interesting. I guess as long as she doesn’t find the blog, I’m okay. LOL! Actually, it was a good lunch at Honey’s. I had the buffalo shrimp and DH had the wings. Very yummy as always.

We topped the night off with a BBQ with the neighbors. We just ate and hung out. Nothing too fancy. But it was nice. Windy as hell, though. WOW! Everything just blew away. DH and our buddy Mike from down the street decided to “jam” in the garage. That was really cool. They sounded really good, so I hope there is more of that in the future. “Rock Band, Smock Band!” Who needs it when you have the real thing, right?

Sunday we just chilled for a little bit. I made a turkey breast and all that goes with it. It came out really good, and I think DH had the leftovers for lunch yesterday. Can’t beat that.

I’m tired today, though. We’ve got our show in Orlando on Friday (and the one here in two weeks), so lots of extra rehearsals this week. Two of which are actually in Orlando. Have I told you I’m tired? Must..have..caffeine..now!

One musing I have for the day. How do people get such a distorted view of reality? I’m looking at a little note I had written down some 15 years ago that I keep on me at all times. #4 says “My reality is not yours”. Ah, well, this too, shall pass.

Want to give a shout out to my good friend Jill. She lost her MIL this past weekend, while she was at the Sock Hop. Lots of good thoughts for her right now.

No comments: