Friday, April 10, 2009

It's Good Friday

Well, it is a GOOD Friday, isn’t it? I’m glad it’s Friday, aren’t you. Just had a yummy lunch at The Shrimp Store.

Nothing going on the world right now. So just taking a few moments to catch up. How about those Rays? 2-1 against the BoSox! Great way to start the season, boys.

The pollen sure is kicking my ass this week. DH too, as my allergies keep HIM awake. Oops! Good thing we have a comfy couch. That Claritin (or as the box says “Wal-itin”) must work really well, as I haven’t heard any more complaints.

Number One on the agenda for tomorrow is to get the car washed. Between the pollen and the sea salt from the high winds, my car is looking pretty pitiful. (Well, it always kind of does, but this time worse than ever.) Lunch is at Texas Roadhouse is on the agenda as well. I think we’re making those grape jelly meatballs for dinner tomorrow with some mac-n-cheese and some veggies. Maybe some more asparagus if it still looks good.

Doing my part to stimulate the economy as well. Did some damage at Macy’s the other night on shirts. Now I need some shorts/skorts/capris/something to get me through vacation and summer. Oh, ixnay the capris, I got two pair on line at NY&Co a few weeks ago, so I’m mostly looking for shorts/skorts/skirts maybe. Who knows? I’ll start at Sears and Penney’s. Sear’s looks promising, just checked out their website. 50% off all dresses. Then I have a 20% off coupon at Kohl’s, I’ll try them next. And I’ll have to hit Dillard’s some time next week too. They have the best lingerie selection. Hey, it is a vacation, you know? Then we’ll have a Wal-Mart run for toiletries, a case of water, our “first aid”supplies (Tums, Pepto, Gas-X, etc.), suntan lotion, all that good stuff. Nothing like a week’s vacation to stimulate the economy, eh?

Hey, speaking of Sear’s, look what I just found? Think it’ll make a good formal night dress? http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_031D3336000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Women%27s&sName=Dresses

I got Easter basket goodies at Target last night. Oh, what fun that always is. Candy galore this time of year, isn’t it? I also picked up eggs for 49 cents between the coupon and the sale price. Michele would be so proud of me.

Don’t forget big show next Saturday night! Be there or be square!!!

4 comments:

Kip said...

Happy Easter Mary, Mary. Love the dress!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Love the dress! And yes I am proud of you that is a great price and used coupons!

eljay716 said...

hey Mar, missin ya. love the dress, color will look good on ya, I do believe. meatballs sound so good, might toss some in the crock pot myself. luv ya... hello to Sammy! (mel has a blog!!)

Teri said...

THanks alot Mar! Now I will have to hit the dresses! Still trying to find one for graduation!