Thursday, October 30, 2008

It ain't over til it's over

And it’s over. But our boys gave a good effort! If you had told me a year ago, we’d be in the World Series, I wouldn’t have believed you. Don’t worry, they will be back next year and they WILL win!!!! At least now we will be going to bed at a decent time, haha.

The doctor sent me to physical therapy for my shoulder and I started yesterday. I’m not happy about it, but since I’m not getting better, I guess I’ve got to do it. I really thought the ortho doc would just give me a steroid shot and send me on my way, since my x-rays were negative. I really didn’t expect this. So I am grinning and bearing it. I go MWF at 4pm for the next two weeks or so. I forgot tomorrow was Halloween when I made the appointment, so I’m going to be late for the kids party. But I’ll get there, once I fight the traffic.

I still haven’t unpacked from Creepover. As if that’s a big surprise. I lost my liquor. LOL! I know it’s in the car somewhere, because I hear it rattling, but it must have fallen behind the seat or something, because I can’t find it. ACK! It’s all worth it though. I admit to being unproductive, but spending quality time with my girls is NEVER unproductive to me. It is well, well worth it. (Although, I don’t think my ears have recovered yet, Kip! ROFL!)

Jayne is in town, yay! Been a while since I’ve seen her, so I’m hoping to catch up with her and Kip on Saturday at Ruban Rouge. They are having their “garage sale”, so hoping to snag up some bargains, and then lunch somewhere I think. You know me, I go with the flow.

Winter Retreat has been finalized, and it’s back to Oleno, which makes everyone happy. (Okay, so I was holding out for the Girl Scout place, I have this thing about wanting heat, hehe! But when they don’t you back, well....) I’ll miss the Thursday night festivities because I will be at the Forum watching The Eagles! (Yes, Michele, I am rubbing it in!) hehehehe! But I will be up at the crack of dawn Friday morning (okay, more like mid-morning, I know better!) to make it up there, so no worries. I won’t miss out.

And lastly, yes I know this kind of rubs salt in the wound, but this is tow good of a deal to pass up! 620 WDAE does double play deals on Wednesdays. It basically gives you $50 worth of gift certificates for $25. Yesterday’s deal was for Philly Phlava on Fletcher and Dale Mabry. They have the best cheese steaks by far! A while ago they did the same for Jake’s Hamburgers, and it looks like they still have a few of those left. Check it out.

http://diningdeals.620wdae.com/?page=/restaurants/index.html&rest_id=3878

3 comments:

Teri said...

ORTHO is now using PT more and more. It is not so bad, so make sure you go, you will be glad that you did!!!

Mary B said...

Duh! I should have asked you first! I'm an idiot... They gave me exercises to do at home too. We'll see how it goes.

:Jayne said...

I still say you shouldn't miss WR because of a concert. You are detrimental to the fun of many women. I am just a peon in the crowd. So I'll go to the concert for you!
It was so great seeing you again!
(and catching up on all the gossip!)
lovya!
:J