Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hump Day!!!

Ah, morning all. The week is half over, yay! I don’t think I slept good last nite, (although DH said I was sawing a few logs.) I’ve been taking Celebrex for my shoulder, and it has been giving me these crazy f’ed up dreams. My shoulder feels 100% better, but I got the ole “Make sure you take the whole thing” lecture from the doc, so I will.

I had the kids for a little bit on Sunday. That was fun. We played games, like Monopoly Jr, and Old Maid. You know, I haven’t played Old Maid in over 30 years! They had to show me how. Hehe! We ate Nana’s spaghetti, and made Pioneer Woman’s cookies with the candy in the middle. Hey, did you know Pioneer Woman is writing a cookbook? How cool is that? I wonder if it will be out by Christmas time (hint to any Secret Santa’s out there). Actually, I don’t think it will be, as she just finished the actual writing part. You know how long it takes to edit, and re-edit, and print, and do all that stuff. Man, she must be living high on the hog. I’d love to be her (sans kids, though). But I think I’d get bored not having the beach close. Okay, okay, I’m rambling.

Rehearsals for Candlelight kicked off on Monday. The music is very hard, I must say. But it’s beautiful music. It’s closer to the classical stuff that I’m used to. That’s really cool. We are looking at possibly 5PM, the day after Thanksgiving, as that’s when the UK group sings. One thing I did learn is Disney treats their volunteer performers like actual cast members. They are very strict on dress code. Plain white shirts, no logos or designs or anything. Black flats, no buckles or anything. Plain black opaque socks, they cannot have designs or be see through. I was told that Disney actually has vending machines in the cast-only areas that sell socks, shaving equipment, things like that. And if you aren’t adhering to code, out you go. Fascinating.

How about a song of the day? Currently, it’s Tori Amos, Little Earthquakes. (I so love her! She could be a “girl crush!”)

No comments: