Monday, October 13, 2008

A New Week

Well, it’s Monday again. I kept pretty busy this weekend, plus with all the games on. Did some shopping too, and some ironing and other just general cleaning up the house. House cleaning is such a bore. Yawn. I need a maid. Any volunteers, LOL!

We checked out a new Japanese place on 4th on Friday. I had a lunch “box” special with tempura, spring roll, salad and your choice of sushi. I had the spicy salmon and it was spicy, gave me heartburn. But it was oh so yummy! I went to Kohl’s Friday nite and checked out the sale. Got some work clothes, a few Halloween goodies, and a couple of baby outfits for the shower I have to go to on Saturday.

Then Saturday, I did the usual Publix run, and then settled in for a sports-filled day. We made yummy fajitas with steak and chicken. We marinated them first (Note to Michele: Lawry’s Marinades BOGO, and there was a coupon in yesterday’s paper.) and grilled them with peppers and onions. I used the hot peppers we got from New Mexico in them, and they were just okay. I tried those “Green bags” that they advertise on TV. Not worth it. Yes, the food still “looks” pretty. But it doesn’t taste as fresh.

Sunday, I went to Babies R Us to pick up a registry gift, then to Michael’s, and then to the new Dollar Tree, and then to Big Lots. I got some cute mini album kits at the Dollar Tree. (As DH would say “How much were they?” “Uh, honey, it’s the DOLLAR store!” Hehehe!) A few Xmas items too, same at Big Lots. At Big Lots, I found the Ghost Peeps for 95 cents, so that was a deal. And these chocolates that are wrapped up to look like eyeballs. The kids will get a kick out of those. No mason jars though, but they had the lids (?) and the canning kit. Odd! But that’s Big Lots for you. No biggie, I’ll get those at Wal-Mart.

Nothing exciting at Michael’s. Pretty sad when you have a 50% coupon and can’t find anything to use it on. Can’t use on Cricut/Cuttlebug, can’t use it on books. I ended up buying some Prima flowers. It was either that or ANOTHER pack of paper, of which I have 20 of the already. So, I picked that up and some Halloween stuff. That was about it.

The Gators opened up a can of whoop ass on LSU. I bet no one saw that coming. Rays tied up the series and now go back to Boston. Here’s keeping our fingers crossed for them. And the Bucs won. No one saw that coming. Overall not a bad day in the sports world.

2 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

thanks for the heads up will have to cut out that coupon. jennifer uses them alot but what you made sounds pretty darn good too.

you crack me up reading your blogs!

JulesinParadise said...

Miss you...see you at Creep Over, right? I can't wait!