Friday, May 22, 2009

Shopping Adventure

Everyone in town has been talking about the big new IKEA. But another store just had their grand opening yesterday, and slipped under the radar. Crate and Barrel opened up next to International Mall yesterday. So, I braved the rain to take an adventure out there.

You know me, I love little cooking gadgets and the like, and I got plenty of them. Little mini spoons and spatulas and lots of neat glasses, and vases (I picked up one of those) and all kinds of little decorator items. So neat. My favorites of the day was a little glass syrup pitcher, like the ones they use in the restaurants. I also got a little mezza-luna cutting device like the one Rachel has on her show all the time, on sale for 9.99. And these pretty tall glass candle holders that were normally $12.95 on sale for 4.95. Good deals! They also sell furniture and stuff, too, but it’s pretty pricey. But such a cool store. I’ve always liked them. I can’t wait to see what they have at holiday time. My goal was to spend $50. I spent almost $70. Oops! Oh well.

Next I headed to the mall, over to Victoria’s Secret. (Linda, don’t read this part!) They had their cotton undies 10 for $25. They are normally 5 for $25. That’s $2.50 a pair. So I stocked up. The colors were kind of eh, but no one really sees them, so who cares. It couldn’t have come at a better time. It’s been a while since I’ve done laundry, LOL! I wish they had more darker colors. You know, for Aunt Flo. Am I the only one who has a “leakage” problem? Either the pads are too short, or not wide enough. TMI, I know. LOL!

Well in another hour or so I will head up to Rubon Rouge to meet Kip and Jules and Michele and Diana and whoever else will be there. It is a good night for a girl’s night out, so should be fun. Just wish this darn rain would go away. Sigh! Although I thought I saw a bit of sun coming back from lunch. I’m sure it won’t last too long.

3 comments:

eljay716 said...

I saw Crate and Barrel was opening but I haven't made it there yet. I love that store too! hey I bought undies too.. I don't use them often but atleast I know where they are now. It was great to see you.

Kip said...

some of us don't have to worry about Flo anymore and I'm SO DARN HAPPY!!!!

Glad you came friday night!

JulesinParadise said...

I love Crate ad Barrel! Haven't made it to Ikea yet but it is on The List!