Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday blows...

Well, I am back among the living...sort of. I still have this horrible cough. This morning, green gunk came up. Usually if it’s green, that means infection as opposed to a virus, but I will give it one more day, and if I’m still crappy, I will call Dr. Kampsen. I could go to the Little Clinic (and save $15 on my co-pay), but I really need the “good” cough syrup, and the Little Clinic is not allowed to prescribe narcotics. But maybe tonight I will turn a corner, right?

I was going to go with DH to the Bucs game, but I was just too tired. I stayed home and lounged some. Watched a few movies. 27 Dresses is a great movie if you haven’t seen it. A little contrived and predictable, but still cute. And I’ve decided I’m going to cut my hair like Katherine Heigl’s in that movie, if I can find a picture of it. Also watched some old movies and caught the last 20 minutes of Imitation of Life. Seriously, the saddest death scene ever. If you don’t cry when that old lady dies, then there is something wrong with you.

Great football weekend. Do you know that the Gators have scored at least 30 points against all of their SEC opponents this season? That’s an SEC record. I don’t want to get too confident or too ahead of ourselves, but could the Orange Bowl be in our future? I definitely think so. The Bucs won too, it was hard but they did it.

On a musical note, (haha) I’m cancelling our XM subscription. Sirius has just come in and FUBAR’d all my stations. People are seriously (another pun!) pissed. I’ll just have to buy a better transmitter for my Ipod. Maybe I will ask the ‘rents for one for Xmas. We’ll see.

Busy day ahead. Got a lot of work to catch up on (why does it take you 5 days to catch up when you are only out 2?). P.T., choir rehearsal, a trip to Bealls and some food somewhere in there. (Maybe Sweet Tomatoes, hummm??) Well, back to my invoices.

4 comments:

:Jayne said...

Glad you are feeling better!
Sounds like you're a busy girl. If you're still sick when the Eagles come around, remember, I'm your girl! LOL!
:J

Mary B said...

What, do you think I'm losing a kidney or something? You're really persistent, aren't you. :P Miss you!

JulesinParadise said...

Hope you feel better ASAP...that cough stuff is nasty...had it for 3wks.!

JulesinParadise said...

Hope you feel better ASAP...that cough stuff is nasty...had it for 3wks.!