Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Well, turkey day is just about upon us. I hope you all have lots of good plans for the holiday. I started the stuffing last night. And I’ll do a few desserts, and that’s it for me, cooking wise. We’ll be at the in-laws at noon, and then head to have dinner with the McCoy’s at 5:00. Ryan is actually hosting this year, down in Redington. He's deep-frying his turkey, yum yum!

Speaking of family, step-mil wants to draw names this year. Because my BIL’s business is so bad, and we need to “save money.” Hmmm...I don’t see BIL downsizing his house, or taking his kids out of expensive prep school to go to public school (especially the one his own wife TEACHES at!). Has he stopped trading in cars every 6 months? Is he still driving his Mercedes? Yes, I thought so.

So the adults (allegedly) will change names. I have no problem with this. It does make life easier. But the problem is...WE HAVEN’T DONE IT YET!!! I ASSumed we were doing it on Saturday, when we had dinner, but it was not even mentioned. And we really can’t do it on Thanksgiving, because the whole extended family is there. And considering I start shopping on Friday, it would be nice to know who the heck I’m buying for, ya know? Well, at least I can start toy shopping.

But on to happier things. Saturday is the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. I can’t wait, it’s going to be awesome. 200+ voices, and orchestra...oh, did I tell you who the guest narrator is? John O’Hurley! (Seinfeld, Dancing with the Stars.) I love his voice. Eric and his family will be there. DH can’t be there, but I don’t blame him. $75+ to go to Epcot, plus parking is really out of our budget just so he can stand in a crowd to catch a 2-second glimpse. I’m sure there will YouTube videos come Sunday. There are a ton on there from last year.

There is actually a reception/rehearsal for the SingLive UK people in Orlando tonight. I was all set to go Monday, but now I am changing my mind. Just too much to do. I haven’t even gotten my nails/eyebrows done this week.

I haven’t made shopping plans yet, for Friday. I’m waiting for the ads to come out tomorrow to plan my strategy. I know I’ll hit Target, and probably Macy’s. Then maybe Rubon? Also, Scrapbook Shoppe is having their sale at MIDNIGHT! On Thursday, but being down near the beach, I’m not sure how that will work. I’ll miss Michael’s sale on Thanksgiving, they are open 6-9. Again, it’s all a game day decision.

Well, everyone have a Great Thanksgiving. See ya soon!

3 comments:

Geraldo Maia said...

A friendly hello from Brazil. Best wishes:
Geraldo

Kathy Laubenthal said...

Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving. Maybe we will see you at the Scrapbook Shoppe. Kathy

Kathy Laubenthal said...

Mary, hope you and all your family has a very happy Thanksgiving. Maybe we'll see you at the Scrapbook Shoppe! Kathy