Friday, August 8, 2008

The weekend is here


Good Morning! Hey, I got this from Kip. My blog is Brilliant, LOL! So, I award this to all my blogger friends, if you don’t have one already. Whee!

Got to tell you a funny story from my nephew. Out of the mouths of babes. First, some background. When DH was little, his grandparents took him up to Louisiana to visit family. According to DH’s grandparents, they were driving across the Panhandle up near Perry, late at nite, when some huge creature crawled across the road. DH’s grandparents swear it was some sort of Bigfoot. (DH has no recollection of this, and swears it didn’t happen.)

Well, Faxon goes up to DH’s grandfather and says “Papa, my dad says you saw a Bigfoot.”
Papa: “Well, yes, I did”
Faxon: “Yeah, Dad says it was because you were drinking beer too much.”

Oh my gosh, the things that kid comes up with. He made me a cute little Sponge Bob picture, too, but it accidently got thrown away. Oh well. The girls are having their birthday party Saturday at the skating rink, so I’ll see if he’ll draw me another one then.

Skating rink? Do people still do that anymore? I had no idea. This one’s on Armenia. Trust me, I will not be skating. I’ve only skated a few times in my whole life, and at my age, and er, um, stature, I’m not about to try again now. Haha!

Anyone watching the Olympics starting tonite. I will be, it should be fun. I just hope everything goes okay, no trouble. I’m just pulling for our guys to win big.

1 comment:

JulesinParadise said...

We missed seeing Swamp Monkey once crossing Alligator Alley by a half hour! Some trucker reported seeing it cross the road at that rest station with the big panther figure right after we had been there for potty break. Don't know if the trucker was drinking beer or not! lol