Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to reality...

Well, time to get back to the salt mines. Oh, it’s so hard. But, here I am, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

The weekend wasn’t too bad. By Saturday afternoon, the sun was out and shining. And we had a whole day of sun on Sunday. The rest of the time we just ate and sat out on our balcony watching the waves.

Thursday we tried to go to the new Bubba Gump’s that opened up at John’s Pass. When we got there, at around 5:30, it was already a 90 minute wait. As we’ve already paid $5(!) to park, we decided instead to try the Friendly Fisherman next door. We got in fairly quickly, but then it took forever to get served. And then the food was horrible. Mine was over-cooked, dh’s steak was grizzly and the “surf” of his surf and turf was four little shrimp that wouldn’t even feed my cats.

We walked around John’s Pass for a while. It has become such a tourist trap, not the little kitschy place that it used to be. DH found some frozen custard for $6(!), and then we went back home.

Friday we met up with Ryan and had dinner at LeeRoy Selmon’s. Way better than Thursday nite!!! I had some fried green tomatoes for an appetizer, (in honor of Linda and the crew), and some Sweet Heat fried chicken. That stuff is so good, I love the sauce. I need to find the recipe, somewhere. Afterwards, we went Green Iguana to catch the Rays game, and had a few drinks, and then back home.

We spend the rest of the weekend just chilling. I read a lot. I think I read about 15 magazines. I’m almost caught up, but I have to leave some for Savannah next weekend. All in all, it was very relaxing. DH still has his cold though. He says he feels better today, but he’s still coughing a lot.

I wish we could just chill out this weekend, but we’ve got the girls’ birthday party on Sunday. I’m thinking they must be having it early, as school starts next week, but it’s putting crimp on my budget, that’s for sure. Too many birthdays all at once, right after vacation, and then the wedding on top of that. OY! Ah, well, we’ll survive, we always do.

Well, back to getting some work done. My email box was pretty light, believe it or not. So hopefully, the rest of the week will go smooth.

3 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Maybe after the newness wears off, the lines won't be so long at Bubba's. Wouldn't a girls road trip be fun to do for that?

Miss ya

Kip said...

The Friendly Fisherman used to be really good but that was when I lived out there in the early 80's. Love the name of the new place though!

Michele L from Tampa said...

90 mins wait wow! and then the place close by sucked - man sorry to hear that Mar Mar! Miss ya!