Saturday, December 8, 2007

As far as birthdays go...

It wasn't the best birthday, but it wasn't the worst, either.

We got the pathology report back on Melody, and it confirmed that it was carcinoma. The vet seems to think they've gotten it all out, but it could come back, so we need to keep an eye on her. I did some research, and the chances of it coming back are about 65%. But the fact that it was found early and it was small increase the odds. But if it does come back, the mortality rate is about 85%. So, we just take each day as it comes, and we'll cross that bridge when (IF!) we come to it.

My birthday present actually came early, it was supposed to arrive on the 28th, but it came right before Thanksgiving. And of course, I didn't want to wait to use it, so it's been out of the box since then.

Dh bought me some DVD's off my CD Universe wish list, so that's pretty cool. My list is pretty long, so I'm sure he had a hard time picking. He says he just did it kinda random though. That was fun.


My buds at work took me to lunch at our favorite Asian Sushi place downtown (Ratchada). It was so good. They also got me an itunes card which I did not expect. That was way cool!

For dinner, DH and I went to Leroy Selmon's and it was just okay. We ordered the Back Yard Nachos. In the past, they would bring out this plate of nachos that was about the size of your head. The order we had was a third that size. And you could tell they were using a cheese sauce, instead of real cheese. My fried chicken was great (dh said the same), but his ribs were a disappointment. He said they tasted like they were warmed over. And the food took forever!!! to come out. At least 30 minutes. We decided if we are going to go, go on a night that's busier, and the food won't be just sitting there for so long.

We had bad bbq at Pit Boss's on Little Road last Friday, too. It seems the quality of the food there has gone down hill. The ribs tasted baked, not smoked, the pork was dry and the corn had obviously been sitting too long. So, they are off the list. It seems these places are trying to cut corners on their meats, buying cheaper cuts, not wanting to pay the wood smoke them, I don't know what it is. Gas Prices? Recession? Who know? I guess we will stick with Shane's. (Or Lupton's of course, when we're in the neighborhood).

Oh, and then on my way to lunch I mentioned to my pal Fran that I wanted to make a Mazzaro's trip before Christmas. She asked me what I was looking for, and I said nothing in particular, just what ever looks good. I did say that I loved those chocolate covered rainbow cookies. Well, guess what Fran showed up with at my desk the next day. You guessed it! A bag of rainbow cookies. Oh, so good. Isn't that the coolest? Gotta love her.

Last thing for today, look at this container I found at Wal-Mart. It's a special edition tin container for dishwasher soap thingy's. But the container is tin, and it's a great size to make an album box, recipe box, whatever. Sweet!!!

3 comments:

:Jayne said...

Sorry I missed your birthday, sounds happy. That purse is enough to make any girl happy!
Cool tin! almost makes me wish I had a dishwasher!

Happy Late Birthday!

:J

eljay716 said...

Hey Happy Birthday! Hell we all missed it. Love the Purse, nice choice. We shall make up for it Saturday night. Sorry about the Kitty Cat, hope she continues to stay healthy. Love ya.. see you Saturday.

Ginni C. said...

Happy birthday Mary! Love the purse! Love you!