Monday, August 10, 2009

Good Monday Mornin' to ya

Happy Monday to all. Man, what a week I’ve had. It’s really been up and down. And it’s not over yet, let me tell you.

DH and I spent four days at the beach for our anniversary. It was so nice and relaxing. Our room has been totally renovated, with new carpets, bedding, appliances, countertops, you name it. The best thing is that they have replaced the cook top stove with an apartment-sized oven. So, I am planning for next year, because this will come in handy if we want to warm up some pizza, or have something for lunch other than sandwiches. Will save us some money on food, too.

We had Thursday dinner at Sloppy Joes. That was really good. We had the wings for an appetizer, they were crunchy, sort of like Hooters. But they had a peppery taste to them. We may go back just to get some take-out wings to go. I had the fish tacos. Hadn’t had them in a while. Dh’s friend Ricky recommended the sweet potato fries, and they did not disappoint. DH had the fried shrimp, and he enjoyed those as well.

Friday was our 10th anniversary. My, how time flies. Seems like only yesterday. We went to our usual place, LeeRoy’s. Dh tried my fried green tomatoes for the first time. He was hooked!!! I had to chow mine down to keep him from stealing them. Haha!

Monday, we went to Rays game. Our office had gotten us all seats in the Checkers Bull Pen. That was pretty neat. They feed you down there too. Hotdogs and chicken and chips and stuff. Then I came home. Which I shouldn’t have...

Amazing how a simple thing like getting your mail can change things for the worse. When I fell on it, I honestly thought it was just a bad sprain. I figure, well, I can walk, right? Can’t be that bad... Well, after two days of being in pain, and the swelling not going down, I went to the doctor. They took some xrays. It’s broke. No, it can’t be. Yep, it is. The tip of the bone broke off. Yuck! So, three weeks in a soft cast. Guess it could be worse. Uggggg! Why me?

So, I’ve been adjusting to that. I’m not supposed to take it off. But I do take it off to drive. Or else, I ain’t getting to work. Don’t go to work, don’t get paid, that’s the way it goes. I didn’t wear it much yesterday. Was too lazy. So it is sore today. So I’ve got it on all day today. I’ve got to stop at the mall, too. (Westshore) This out to be fun. But things have to get done, no matter what.

We had our big rehearsal on Saturday. They also had auditions for the ensemble and solo pieces. I did mine. It wasn’t very good. But that’s okay, it’s just about getting the experience at this point. I’m thinking about hooking up with my friend Sil’s voice teacher. She’s in Temple Terrace. We’ll see, maybe after the 1st of the year. My pal Sharon from the Orlando group came over. We all had dinner at Panera Bread. Afterwards, I went to Bella’s to have a snack with my pal Gloria. Lots of chatting and gossiping and stuff. Fun, fun. I’ll have to tell you more about Saturday, but later on.

This Friday is the girls’ birthday party, at the skating rink. We were there last year, not sure why we are there again. Guess because it’s cheap. Oh, it’s from 5:30 – 7:30. Obviously this was a throw together at the last minute deal. I guess since none of that crew works, really, it’s no big deal. Right? Sigh! Because then I get to go home and pack my stuff up to drive down to Fried Green Tomatoes. DH says I should just skip the party, but I know them all to now. They will remember. Best to suck it up and just go. So, I get to Sebring late, at least I’m there, right?

And remember, the things you are liable to read in the Bible, they ain’t necessarily so....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mar,mar...the beginning sounded so wonderful...

omg, what bone did you break the tip off??? i know it must be a bummer, but please do what you should and let it heal back. you're young now, but you don't want problems later on in life, things have a way of "returning" when we get older...

glad you enjoyed your anniversary before your injury :)

hugs & peace,
elle

JulesinParadise said...

Oh my...the start of your 10th. honeymoon sounded so nice...and then! Rebound soon hon, and I know where the scars are from the hammock! lol

Hope all is well soonest!