Monday, October 20, 2008

Rays Win! Rays Win!!!!

Dude, I am so flippin’ tired. Did you ever think we would see the day when we would be seeing the Rays in the World Series? I went to bed at 1am, after waking up around 11:40 to catch the end. Dh got home around 1 and didn’t go to bed until I got up around 6:00. He is riding sky-high. A very cool thing, after the Bucs game, at Raymond James, they showed the rest of the baseball game on the jumbotron. About 6,000 fans stayed at the RJ to see the Rays clinch. What an exciting moment. Now, I’m waiting for him to wake up (which probably won’t be for several hours now) to see if we got the World Series lottery. Those tix go on sale at 5pm today.

We had the day off on Friday to give us a post-Oct 15th rest, and to upgrade the servers, so I took advantage to get a lot of running around done. Went to Walmart and Walgreens and Publix and Hallmark and Big Lots. I made meatballs for dinner on Friday night and they are quite good. And I made the candy-peep jars for the youngins on Halloween. I got to get me a card reader for my office computer, so I can get pics loaded, it’s just to hard to get done at home.

Went to step-cousin-in-law’s baby shower on Saturday. The girls were there and they got to play with the other step-cousin-in-law’s baby (did you follow all that?) and they were so cute. There were some arts and crafts stuff for them to play with and they did very well for their first shower. I remember one shower I went to years ago, where someone brought their kid who was the same age, and the kid ran around screaming and touching everything and would not settle down. Not “my” kids. They were very well behaved. The food was great, and it was from the same place as the last baby shower, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. All I can think of is Alessi, and I know it’s not that (but they have good food, too!)

So, I spent yesterday getting caught up around the house. I’m in the process of working on Frankie for Creepover. I’ve got some cute ideas for him, I think he’ll be cute. I gotta get my hat done too, for the cancer patients. That’s important too. Well, four more days. Yay!

I know the Hilltop girls are disappointed as their Belize stop on their cruise got cancelled. I hope they can get it figured out. I don’t blame them, I’ve been to Cozumel many times, and it does get boring with the same old stuff. Luckily DH has only been once and he hasn’t seen everything yet. One word of advice I’d give them, if they do decide to stick with this itinerary, is just stay on the ship. You’ll have free run of the ship, especially by the pool. Most of the time, the pool area is very crowded and you won’t find a good seat, but when everyone else is off the boat, you will have the best seats in the house. We did this on our Ocho Rios stop and it was great. There were maybe ten of us around the pool, the pool and we got to enjoy it and not worry about jockeying for position. Just my 2 cents which are probably worth about ½ cent in this economy. LOL!

No comments: